Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter Wonderland


In high school, you always wish for snow so you can get as many snow days as possible, without going over the limit of course. But now that I am in college, school cancellations are few and far between. This week we got a lot of snow and one day off. My brother, a junior in high school, is on his third.

Fortunately, I live close to school, so driving isn't too bad for me. This week has gone by without incident so far. I had one accident in november. I was going to school one morning. It was raining so I wasn't expecting any trouble, but I had hit a spot of black ice and slid off the road. I don't go that way anymore.

My driveway is probably the worst surface I drive on. It's a sheet of ice. The road I live on is also pretty bad. Other than that, It's just downtown Granville and 16.

4 comments:

  1. i just started to really drive and i think i do pretty well in the snow because i try not to do the speed limit when it is bad out side. Last Sunday when it was snowing out side i drove on the highway and if you ask anyone that have been in the car with me that i do not do that well on the highway.. but try to stay safe. but i do miss high school fro the point of the snow days off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year for me we got out of school all the time for bad weather. We even went over our limit and had to come to school on Saturday's. Unfortuately, once you get to college those days off seem to cease. Hopefully this weather doesn't last too much longer but until then ...drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man i know what you mean. The roads were so bad. I was hoping that we wouldn't have school on wednesday ,but i was thinking that osu never cancels school for anything. I was wrong. I live about 30 minutes away and it took me almost an hour when we had school the next day. It sucks ,but what are you going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the roads were and still bad. Some people were still driving like maniacs even though the roads was bad. But I hadnt got the chance to go get my drivers license because of the roads. I agree with you on the high school part, I wish I was still in high school everytime I wake up for school(college that is)

    ReplyDelete